Frequently Asked Land Questions
1. Where can I find the TCGA marker paper?
You can find the TCGA maker paper here
2. What are the meanings of different terms in TCGA metadata and clinical data?
TCGA provides a brief "dictionary" for its terminology. Users can find it here
3. I noticed that you have very updated and rich metadata for TCGA patient population.I was particularly interested in subtype annotation you have for various cancer-types such as Colon CRC [Expression][Cluster], Glioblastoma GBM [Expression][Cluster], Breast BRCA [PAM50], etc. Can you please provide source information (publication etc.) that you used to annotate samples across all disease-type?
Clusters and cancer subtype classifications are extracted from TCGA marker papers (https://tcga-data.nci.nih.gov/docs/publications/).
4. Have you validated the signature or just used what was in the publications?
Currently, we only provide signatures and clusters listed in the publications
5. How can I find the pipeline for different data types in TCGA Land?
Omicsoft re-process the RNAseq data while other data types' pipeline can be found here: