From Array Suite Wiki
The Filter variables tab, when activated (i.e. for Project list, Inference Report, Observation, etc.), allows the user to specify filter criteria for variables (i.e. genes).
- Clicking the Filter by a list of variables checkbox allows the user to either manually enter a list of variables, or load the list from a file, from Array Server’s list management system, or by translating a list of IDs using Array Server’s translation system.
- The user can also set the ID type to allow for more specific mapping of variables (usually only necessary in cases where the IDs might not be unique for a particular type. Variables could be gene names, probesets, gene symbols, or anything else provided by the administrator of the server.
- The Do not map IDs to master IDs checkbox allows the user to return results based on the IDs specified, rather than by mapping back to a master ID (i.e. Gene Symbol) and returning all the results for that symbol.
- The Significance Filter (Filter Variables) section allows the user to filter by values from inference reports, including Estimate, Fold change, Raw PValue, Adjusted PValue, Max(LSMean), and Odds ratio.
- The Genome Filter allows the user, in some cases, to filter using chromosomal location, or to use the Auto Fill button to automatically find a region of the chromosome. This could be useful to return projects or values for particular regions, in cases where the IDs are not mapped to Gene Symbol (i.e. SNP/CNV/CGH/Genotyping projects).